Information we collect
The type of information we collect are used for following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and your visit to the website (which includes your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, length of the visit, page views and website navigation).
- The information linked to any transactions that is carried out while being on the website and the relating to the purchases you make while surfing.
- Information that you provide while registering with us.
- Information that you provide to us while subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us; and other information.
A cookie consists of information sent and received to a web browser to a web server. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server enabling the web server identification and tracking of the browser. We may use both ‘session’ and ‘persistent’ cookies on the website, whereas session cookies keep the track during navigation and are deleted when one closes the browser. We will use the persistent cookies in enabling your recognition while visiting. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Using Your Personal Information
- Administering the website;
- Improving your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- Enabling the use of the services available on the website;
- Sending you the purchased goods via website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- Sending statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- Sending you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- Sending you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Raw Route, at times, churns out offers that allows registered and unregistered members to win great discounts and vouchers. Information collected by us for such activities may include contact information and survey questions, which are used to notify contest winners and develop promotions and products respectively. As a member, you will also occasionally receive updates from us about special offers and new products, and also, you may look forward to receiving newsletters and exclusive promotions offering special deals. However, you may choose at any time to no longer receive these email messages;
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website; and
- Other uses
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information by the license you grant to us. We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for direct marketing.
Our website’s financial transactions are handled through our payment services provider. We share information with the payment provider only to the extent necessary for processing payments you make via our website and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the payment of a fee. We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law. You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.